Friday, May 1, 2009

Sweet Potatoes or Ear Wax?

About a hour after a particularly rambuctious joust involving me, my 5-month old and a bowl of sweet potatoes, I noticed something orange sitting on Lily's ear lobe. Obviously, this must be sweet potato, right? Well, given my daughter's propensity to secrete extraordinary amounts of ear wax, I cannot assume sweet potato.

So, I take my finger and pick it off her lobe and inspect it more closely. It was sweet potato, I think. Now, enter the dilemma. I was sitting comfortably on the couch with my sweet Lily Pie, exhausted after a hard day of...what is it I do? And, just do NOT want to get up to throw away whatever this hunk of crap is.

I look at it again. Surely, if it's sweet potato, I could just give it to her, right? Maybe she knew it was there all along and was just saving it for later? Well, believe me when I say that I thought for more than a few seconds about the possibility of just lopping it into her mouth. But, in the end, I went the longest route. The least disgusting route. In the garbage it went.

7 comments:

April - mommyalo32 said...

Maddy's ears are always full of wax! I seriously don't know where it all comes from - gobs of it!

Christina Weedon said...

Hey! I've got a five month old! and hey! I could make a CANDLE out of the wax this kid produces!!

Katy said...

LOL...thank you ladies for saying that! The doctor even said Lily was "a waxy little one" at her last visit. I thought she was weird! Well, maybe she is weird, but at least she's not alone!

Tess said...

Ok, guys. I am eating an orange colored noodle dish- now you got me thinking of ear wax-lol!

Please vote or buy my Hallmark card so I can win-see my blog for details!

Deb said...

Hi Katy, don't you love the thoughts that cross through the mind sometimes? I think you did do the least disgusting route in the end :)

I've tagged you for a fun meme over at my blog, come on by and play along if you'd like!

April said...

At first I thought YOU were going to eat it, assuming it was sweet potatoes! LMAO

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, April- I'm not THAT crazy! Yuck! hahaha