Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm a Faucet Again!!

At Lily's 6 month appt, we discovered that she had only gained 11 oz in two months! I was suspecting that I had some milk supply issues, so I needed to do something about it.

I went what I thought was the easiest route and ate 1-1/2 cups of oatmeal per day for the last month in order to boost my boobie milk supply. But, now I think I would rather get every one of my teeth pulled out than to ever look at that mushy stuff again.

So, it's time to go with something a little more potent: fenugreek. Fenugreek is an herb that they (I have no idea who 'they' are) put in capsules and will apparently boost my milk supply. The bottle also says it helps with digestion. Not sure sure how those are related, but whatever.

I took two pills yesterday and this morning I woke up with boobie milk all over my nightgown, all over my bed, all over the walls, the floor, and the ceiling (ok, that's a bit much). So, it was a success!! I'm going to take Lily back to the doc in a couple of weeks and hopefully she will have gained some weight. Maybe I could just give her some of my extra weight. I've got plenty.

7 comments:

Brilliant Sulk said...

The ceiling, huh? Hope you have a maid....

Gosh, going to doctor is always so stressful. My first daughter ate like a horse and was HUGE. Second daughter, TINY. Doctor was a bit concerned which totally freaked me out. For about a minute.

Don't worry. She'll eat and grow and be happy with a great Mom like you...

Clueless_Mama said...

I have tried that Fenugreek stuff before too. I can't remember why? But it worked for me too. I could shoot the wall across the room! LOL Hope she starts gaining, but don't worry, my 2 1/2 yr old is only 24 pounds. Some kiddos are just small.

Theta Mom said...

It sounds like it was successful! I'm following from MBC (under 100 club). My google friend link doesn't work so you can find me at http://www.thetamom.com

Jen said...

I wish I had known about fenugreek when I was breast feeding. I never had enough milk no matter what I did, ate, drank, thought about or read. I'm so glad it worked so quickly for you and Lily.

The Little Miss said...

wow...i need to try this...u have such a great blog with really refreshing post!
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

Unknown said...

This is Tee following from
MBC! You can follow me here:

http://thegrabbagpartdeux-reviesandgiveaways.blogspot.com/

More than a Mom said...

So glad it's working for you. Found you on MBC!